As you know, I absolutely love peanut sauce! A friend at work (M-H) gave me this recipe and I couldn't wait to try it. I was going to make it last month, but unfortunately my tofu was expired, so instead I made whole grain spaghetti with peanut sauce, which was yummy too. So finally today, I decided to make the recipe. I looked at the ingredients, read the directions and then completely winged it - spicy and delicious (the spicy was my own doing - I kept on adding Sriracha).
Wide rice noodles (I use taste of Asia brand) - if you can't get them, fettucini works too
1 package tofu (I used ginger tofu, but regular is fine too)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bit ginger, peeled and minced
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar (my molasses weren't opening, I probably would have used them)
2 tsp sesame oil
freshly ground pepper
freshly ground Thai stir-fry spices (I buy PC brand)
1 box white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
6 green onions, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2-1 cup pea pods
Sriracha to taste
2 Tbsp chopped basil
Mix 1 clove minced garlic, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 1/2 Tbsp soya sauce, 2 Tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, Sriracha to taste, 1 tsp sesame oil , water as needed (to thin)
1) Boil noodles according to package directions, set aside
2) Drain tofu. Chop into cubes. Allow to marinate for ~10 minutes in ginger, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil , pepper and Thai spices.
3) In the meantime, chop veggies. Sauté mushrooms and green onions. Also prepare peanut sauce at this time.
4) Add marinade (without tofu) to wok and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Add tofu and cook for another 5 minutes (or more)
6) Add broccoli, pea pods and basil. Allow to cook for ~3 more minutes.
7) Mix noodles into stir-fry mixture. Add peanut sauce and stir.