2 Tbsp olive oil
3 leeks, sliced length-wise and then chopped
6 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
1 white potato (Idaho or Russet) peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch ginger, peeled & minced
1-2 Tbsp curry
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp tumeric
1) Saute leeks in oil in large pot until tender. Add pear, garlic and ginger. Saute for another few minutes.
2) Add curry, garam masala and tumeric. Cook for about 30 sec until fragrant.
3) Add potato and then about 6 cups of water (I could be off with this number - the veggies should just be covered)
4) Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Blend using immersion blender (or food processor).
6) Add water if necessary, add salt & pepper to taste.